Triumph Modern Classics Test Ride Initiative Terms & Conditions ("Conditions of Entry")
Promotion: Triumph Modern Classics Test Ride Initiative
Promoter: Peter Stevens Importers Pty Ltd ABN 75 006 049 592, 9 Kimpton Way, Altona North, Vic, VIC 3025, Australia.
Promotional Period: Start date: 01/10/18 at 09:00 am AEST.
End date: 15/12/18 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Eligible entrants: Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over and hold a current, valid and non-restrictive motorcycle license issued in an Australian State or Territory.
How to Enter: To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
1. visit any Triumph Dealership in Australia displaying advertising for this Promotion (“Participating Triumph Dealership”) and test ride a Modern Classic Motorcycle (Bonneville Street Twin, Bonneville Street Scrambler, Bonneville Street Cup, Bonneville T100, Bonneville T100 Black, Bonneville T120, Bonneville T120 Black, Bonneville Thruxton, Bonneville Thruxton R, Bonneville Bobber, Bonneville Bobber Black OR Bonneville Speedmaster). Test rides are subject to availability; and
2. provide their personal contact details (name, phone number and email) to the dealership representative who will enter the entrant’s details into the draw.
Entrants’ participation in the Entry Method is subject to availability of motorcycles and dealership representatives during the Promotional Period. The Promoter bears no responsibility in the event that no motorcycles and dealership representatives are available to facilitate the Entry Method.
Entries permitted: Entrants may enter multiple times provided each entry is submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions above. Limit one (1) entry permitted per test drive completed. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry. Only one (1) prize will be awarded to any register. Maximum of one (1) prize permitted per person (excludes SA residents, who are eligible to win multiple prizes).
Total Prize Pool: Up to AUD $28,100.00.
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The winner of the Major Prize will receive their choice of either Option 1 or Option 2 below.
Option 1: The prize is the winner's choice of any one (1) of the following Triumph Modern Classic Motorcycles:
Motorcyle awarded includes on-road costs, i.e. 12-months registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary from State by State).
If the winner purchases any of the above motorcycles following their test ride from a Participating Triumph Dealership, they have the option to either: 1) receive their choice one (1) of the above options; OR 2) choose for a refund of the cost of their Triumph new modern classic motorcycle purchase, up to the prize value stated above.
Up to AUD$23,100.00 (including prestige paint options)
Draw: computerised random selection - 18/12/18 at 02:30 pm AEDT
|The prize is one (1) x $500.00 credit to spend on the winner’s choice of any Triumph merchandise available at the Participating Triumph Dealership where the test ride was conducted.||
Draw: computerised random selection - 18/12/18 at 02:30 pm AEDT
Prize Conditions: Major Prize
- The colour of the motorcycle awarded will be determined by the Promoter, and is dependent on availability at the time of winning. Prize includes prestige paint options.
- The winner must collect the prize from the participating dealership of the test ride.
- The motorcycle won will be a MY18 model. If the MY18 model is not in stock, the MY17 model will be awarded.
- The prize includes the motorcycle and on-road costs only. Prize does not include: accessories, riding gear or riding equipment.
- $500 credit cannot be redeemed for cash and cannot be used on vehicle servicing. $500 credit prize must be spent in one (1) transaction during one (1) store visit only.
- Any unused balance of the $500 credit prize is non-refundable and will not be awarded as cash. Winner may purchase items totaling more than $500 in one (1) transaction, however, all costs in excess of $500 will be the responsibility of the winner.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the credit prize is not included. Redemption of the credit prize is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer.
The winners of the Major Prize and Minor Prizes will be contacted by phone within two (2) business days of the draw and in writing. The winners will be published in The Australian on 08/01/19.
Prizes must be claimed by 18/03/19 at 02:30 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 19/03/19 at 02:30 pm AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia. The winners of the redraw will be notified by phone within two (2) business days of the redraw and in writing. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) in The Australian on 09/04/19.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draw
swill take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia at 02:30 pm AEDT on 18/12/18 using computerised random selection.
- The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the Major Prize.
- The conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
- The draw
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Entrants must hold a current, valid and non-restrictive motorcycle license issued in an Australian State or Territory. The Promoter reserves the right to inspect the entrant’s motorcycle license for verification of this requirement and will refuse participation in the Entry Method where this requirement is not satisfied.
- The entrant acknowledges that motorcycle riding is a dangerous activity, which may result in injury or death, and participates at his/her own risk.
- The value of the prizes are accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prize (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- The prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entries and any entries that are made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP18/01695, NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/27626 and SA Permit No. T18/1553.